Blockchain technology will usher in a new era of decentralized internet, supporting innovation in and disruption of all major global industries and charitable causes.
Before blockchain can fully achieve its potential, it needs mass adoption. Niche programming languages, lack of technological education and uninviting user interfaces have so far kept it away from many of those with the potential to use it.
Our core values of blockchain accessibility, education and user-centricity guide not only our technology, but also our marketing and community channels. With the founding of Lisk Academy, we aim to educate and inspire as many as possible about their ability to realise their disrupting blockchain vision.
Sounds amazing? We think so too! Therefore we are looking for a Node.js Backend Developer, who can help the Lisk project achieve the very highest standards in code quality, performance and security.
- Able to work from our office in Berlin
- Exceptional English communication skills, both written and verbally
- Remarkable people skills and ability to adapt to a dynamic environment
- Enjoy working in a fast paced start-up
- Code refactoring and design patterns
- High availability, clustering, load balancing
- Test-driven development: mocha, chai, should, sinon
- WebSocket programming: SocketCluster, uWebSockets
- HTTP and Rest APIs: express.js
- Package management: npm
- Advanced PostgreSQL: plpgsql, pg-promise
- Cryptography: NaCl, libsodium, ed25519
- Redis caching and memory storage
- Working knowledge of GitHub/git
- Working knowledge of GNU Tools (gcc/gdb/gprof/make/vim)
- Shell scripting: Bash and Node.js
- Experience/knowledge in blockchain technology
- Berlin resident
- German speaker, with exceptional communication skills, both written and verbally
- Background in advanced mathematics and cryptography
- Notable open-source code contributions
- Startup experience
More about us:
Lisk is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland and raised over 14,000 Bitcoins during its ICO in March 2016. One of the key contractors of the Lisk Foundation is Lightcurve. Based in Berlin, Lightcurve is a blockchain development studio and consultancy whose special focus is on coding, marketing and support of blockchain projects. Currently, the Lightcurve team is exclusively on the retainer of the Lisk Foundation, developing its network, technology, as well as leading marketing, design and community management.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to work with great minds on a ground-breaking new technology
- Great atmosphere supported by regular team events
- Inclusive environment and a very international and inspirational team
- A well funded employer with a new and beautiful office in the central location at WeWork Atrium Tower
- Competitive salary
- Healthy snacks und unlimited tea and coffee
- Top of the line equipment to get you started off right
- Relocation service to help anyone moving to Berlin