Enigma is helping build a more decentralized future by solving for privacy and scalability. Blockchain is a disruptive technology, but today it is impractical and mostly unusable at scale - current computing capacity on blockchain is slow and expensive and data is visible to everyone. Based on a groundbreaking MIT thesis, Enigma solves these issues from the protocol
level by building a second-layer, off-chain network using "secret contracts", allowing data to be processed by distributed nodes while being kept private. Our flagship product, Catalyst, an algorithmic trading platform that empowers anyone to build their own crypto hedge fund, is the first application to be built on the protocol.
We recently raised $45mn in a token sale and we are looking to grow our team with people who are excited about the future of blockchains, decentralization and data. We’re looking for a highly motivated, hands-on blockchain researcher to assist with solving the ecosystem’s biggest challenges.
An avid blockchain enthusiast, curious about distributed protocols, with proven academic/industry track record of building peer-to-peer protocols and blockchain technologies.
● Lead our off-chain scalability/privacy research efforts
● Design and development of the Enigma off-chain network and related protocols
● Working with other teams in the space, integrating state-of-the-art ideas
● Evangelizing the protocol in the open-source community
● M.Sc in an area related to Distributed Systems/Secure computing (PhD preferred)
● Solid experience with researching, designing and implementing distributed systems
● 3+ years of experience in Python
● Experience with smart contract development and related tools is a plus
● Motivated to improve the state-of-the-art technology in the blockchain space