|Location||San Francisco, United States|
|Date Posted||November 22, 2018|
|Salary range||$70k – $90k , No equity|
NEAR is a scalable blockchain and smart contract platform designed to provide the performance and user experience necessary to bridge the gap to mainstream adoption. Unlike other next generation “scalable” blockchains, this network’s performance both scales with the total number of nodes and allows those nodes to be run on low-end devices like mobile phones, bringing potentially billions of them into the network and providing a direct path to end users.
Why Join NEAR?
At NEAR, you have the chance to become an early member of a world-class team with significant upside. The opportunity we are tackling will completely reshape the landscape of the web for decades to come and potentially affect billions of people. We are funded by the top names in the space and have attracted the best technical minds in the world.
This is a performance culture where you’ll be working alongside -- and learning from -- other top quality teammates executing at their best. If you’re excited by the challenge of winning in the fastest moving ecosystem as a member of its best team, this might be a good fit.
Do you love operating on the people side of deeply technical products? Helping build communities by connecting developers to each other and helping them improve their lives by creating products of their own?
As a Community Manager at NEAR, you wear a lot of hats and interface directly with a lot of people. Ultimately, you own both the growth and quality of NEAR’s core community of developers, designers, product people and entrepreneurs. These developers both use the platform to build DApps of their own and support its development directly via contributions to the open source project.
The role will require substantial community engagement and that magical combination of excellent communication skills and a deeply technical mind. You get to operate in the creative space which bridges the gap between the two of them.
* Run regular in-person and online events for developers that help them get to know the platform and get our team strong exposure, both in San Francisco and globally.
* Manage the engagement and growth of our online communities.
* Be the voice of our community to our internal team so we continue building the right product to serve their needs.
* Be the voice of our internal team to the community to answer questions or route their needs accordingly.
* Create demos and workshops to support the community.
* Craft and manage the narrative and personality of NEAR to its community via planning, writing and editing content.
* Community size and engagement rate
* Community retention and referral rates