Binary.com is seeking a driven, proactive, and experienced developer with extensive knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchain concepts. You will revamp our existing cashier system and infrastructure for our ICO launch, and drive all our future blockchain-based projects. Your work will directly influence the core architecture that drives our high-traffic binary options trading website.
Binary Group Services Sdn Bhd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Binary Ltd., an international group of companies that manages Binary.com, the award-winning leader in online binary options trading. The Binary.com platform allows customers to trade currencies, stocks, and commodities.
Binary.com is a vibrant and progressive company that blends the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with the profitability and stability of a long-running business.
We make every effort to foster a culture that values collaboration, individuality, and creativity.
We care deeply about cultural and gender diversity. We go to great lengths to foster a supportive, caring environment within a flat organisational structure.
We value staff with a sense of fun and adventure, who are optimistic, and customer focused. Above all, you must agree with our strong emphasis on business integrity.
Your skills and motivations
You must be excited about the potential of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology, and innately curious about the way they work, and how they will evolve in the future.
You’ve taken on personal projects to explore the usefulness of blockchain technology, and actively follow or participate in blockchain discussions, communities, and events.
We are looking for someone who loves to:
- Develop blockchain-driven systems and applications
- Implement, maintain, and improve security with current blockchain-based projects
- Constantly keep track of new developments in the cryptocurrency world
- Optimise web applications and infrastructure for maximum speed and scalability
- Do great work, and inspires people around them to do the same
- Work with highly talented people in an exciting, multinational environment
- Get things done in a no-nonsense manner
- Work without bureaucracy and hierarchy
- Have the latest tools and technologies at their disposal
- Learn and improve, day in and day out
To excel in this role, you must have:
- Experience with languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, C/C++, Go, or Ruby, and a willingness to become highly proficient with Perl
- Experience with Solidity and the development of Dapps
- Excellent understanding of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies
- Understanding of cryptography, including asymmetric, symmetric, hash functions, and encryption/signatures
- Familiarity with concepts such as blockchain confirmations, multisig, and HD wallets
- Knowledge of coloured coins and Ethereum tokens, including ERC20/23/223
- Experience with Bitcoin or Geth RPC APIs is a plus
- Knowledge of hashing algorithms, including SHA and scrypt
- Ability to produce high-quality, self-documenting code by using test-driven development (TDD) techniques
- Passion for Linux and other open-source platforms
Binary.com’s IT team is responsible for the design, development, and operation of our system infrastructure and high-traffic networks. As our Cryptocurrency/Blockchain Developer, you will be taking on the challenge of revamping our existing cashier system and infrastructure for our ICO launch. You will also drive all our future blockchain-based projects. Your work will greatly contribute to the architecture that drives our high-traffic binary options trading website.
- Design and develop applications and platforms based on blockchain technology
- Work closely with both technical and non-technical teams to develop and integrate blockchain solutions for our business
- Provide technical leadership on cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology
- Research and evaluate blockchain technologies and solutions to identify use cases and implementation
- Write robust, high-quality, and production-ready code for our websites and applications
Remuneration and benefits
This position includes a market-based salary, annual performance bonus, and health benefits. You will also receive travel and Internet allowances.
You will enjoy a casual dress code, flexi hours, and the freedom to select tools and systems.
If you need to relocate, we will provide work permits, and relocation assistance for you and your family.
Join us in Kuala Lumpur or Cyberjaya and take your career to the next level.
For the ultimate convenience, our Kuala Lumpur office at Q Sentral is connected to the city’s largest transportation hub, KL Sentral.
Thirty minutes away from the KL city centre lies our Cyberjaya office where you can experience the ultimate work-life balance in a high-tech green township.