We are currently looking to grow our team to include a Data Science Intern (4-6 months).
You will use your wide set of technical and analytical skills to help us improve our offering of predictive services; in particular, you will work on improving our parcel temperature prediction framework, which allows our customers to reduce costs and risk.
One part of your work will be to design, perform and organize data acquisition experiments carried out within our facilities but also using real shipments. The second part will consist of making use of the collected data in order to build machine learning models that can improve and expand our current recommendation engine.
You should be eager to work in a start-up environment and bring your unique set of talents to our enthusiastic and diverse team. modum.io looks for team players that are both collaborative and detail focused who bring innovative ideas and attentive care to everything they do.
- Design and perform experiments; validate results following a clearly defined methodology based on statistical techniques.
- Build and validate predictive models based on the acquired data.
- Document and present results.
- Propose further lines of research.
- Contribute to everyday development activities (code review and refactoring, cloud infrastructure basic maintenance, etc.)
- Advanced university degree in physics, statistics, electrical engineering, computer sciences, or similar fields; candidates holding a Ph.D. and looking for opportunities to transfer from academia to industry are encouraged to apply.
- Good Python programming skills are a must.
- Experience in scientific programming using libraries like numpy, pandas, skit-learn, pytorch, etc.
- Strong interest in data science.
- Experience in measuring techniques and experiment design is a plus.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases is a plus.
Interesting, challenging, and diverse roles with a stimulating learning curve.
Work with a talented and results-oriented team to deliver unique solutions that consider the latest in IoT and blockchain technologies.
Personal development opportunities, while shaping a well-funded company.
In our growing organization, your personal contribution will have a measurable impact on the organization and its products.
An open, transparent, and inclusive team culture.
We are a diverse but tight-knit team that gets things done. We are accountable to one another for professional deliverables and to maintain a fun work environment.