|Location||New York, United States|
|Date Posted||November 25, 2018|
Do you find yourself thinking about how the blockchain can be used for real-world applications? Are you excited to build the tools to enable the next generation of decentralized applications? Are you interested in solving interesting user experience challenges in this new world of decentralized applications? If so, you should consider working with Livepeer.
About the Role
As a member of the Livepeer team, you will work with serial entrepreneurs and experienced technologists from different backgrounds, all with the same goal of shifting the paradigm for digital video. Livepeer collaborates closely with impactful teams like the Ethereum Foundation, Truebit, Paratii, IPFS, and many others. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge research and change how video can be used in people's everyday lives.
In your first 90 days, you will be working on:
- Developer SDK. You will be building developer tools that helps decentralized application developers such as Paratii, D.Live, or PROPS use the Livepeer video network.
- Token Holder UI. You will be building applications for the token holders to interact with the Livepeer protocol such as the protocol explorer.
The day-to-day technical problems will be around application architecture and development in the Ethereum environment, video streaming, p2p networking, and protocol design. Since all of our software is open-source, you will be working in an open source style workflow - contributing to the project while interacting with the Livepeer community in real-time.
- Able to make user interface decisions and gathering requirements
- Interest in crypto systems (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Token-based-protocols)
- A background in computer science or representative work experience
- Can either be remote or be in-person in NYC
Nice to have
- Experience working on open source projects
- Practical understanding of peer-to-peer networks (protocols over WebRTC, RCP/UDP sockets, Bittorrent)