* Lead Firmware Engineer
* Equity + (TBD salary post fundraising)
* Lead, complete, and ship product firmware
* NFC and/or BLE experience required
* IoT security experience required
* Top Bonus Skills: Hardware Design, Blockchain Protocols, Cryptocurrencies
* Startup experience & history of shipping product
* Make a huge impact. Change the world.
ilmatic is democratizing cryptocurrency. We make the world's first hardware wallet that delivers security, control, and usability; and we enable people to make true crypto to crypto transactions in the real world.
Our Firmware Engineer will own embedded software for all products and features, including IoT and private key security. Your tech stack will include: low-level bare-metal coding, C, C++, firmware architecture, optimization of battery life, and more. Experience with NFC and BLE required. This is an rare opportunity to make a huge impact at the convergence of hardware, blockchain, and consumer experiences.
• Own firmware tech stack
• Work with the CEO to support our mission
• Work with the CTO to achieve goals and deadlines
• Work with software developers to complete features
• Write code on a daily basis
• Innovate, iterate, do amazing work
• This is NOT an Arduino / Raspberry Pi project. Low level embedded experience required.
• Tech giant experience NOT required. We don't care if you worked at Google.
• EE, CS degree or equivalent required
• Previous experience shipping hardware
• Previous experience or strong practice in security
• Ability to set individual goals / manage project with speed and quality
• Understanding and experience with blockchain / cryptocurrency
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated problem solver with references
• Bonus: Love for startup environments, challenges, and victories