Do you think that the web's original sin is its lack of business model? Do you think that individuals, democracies and the web, deserve better than click-bait, information overload, and fake news?
Are you excited about empowering creators by building the tools and interfaces which will let them monetize their creations without gatekeepers?
Do you want to learn and share your experiences with a team of skillful and curious colleagues?
You should consider joining the Unlock team on our journey.
About The Role
At Unlock, you'll work with experienced engineers, open web advocates, and entrepreneurs who founded successful companies with significant exits. Unlock will soon become the default business model for the web - and you should expect your code and designs to be used by hundreds of millions of users, all over the world.
We value positive energy, curiosity, and constant learning, so you should expect this job description to be slightly outdated after a couple of months. At first, we believe you'll help us with:
- Tools for creators: You will be in charge of building a comprehensive yet simple interface to empower creators to create the locks they need and embed them in their own sites or platforms.
- Checkout UX: Unlock will provide the best paywall you’ve ever used. It needs to be smooth and elegant.
- Front-end architecture: Both of the goals above will be served by a robust and maintainable architecture. Your job includes making informed decisions based on these goals as well as implementing a technical foundation that will enable rapid iteration.
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- Advanced knowledge of the web stack and standards (ES6/7, PWA...)
- You ship high quality, well tested and documented code to meet the needs of users, customers, and colleagues
- High degree of autonomy and extensive communication skills to ensure efficient collaboration with other team members and our community
- Be a steward and influencer of our early engineering culture
- In NYC or willing to relocate
Great to have
- Experience working on open source projects
- A passion for cryptography and cybersecurity
- Interest in user experience and the visual arts