Blockchain technology will usher in a new era of decentralized internet, supporting innovation in and disruption of all major global industries and charitable causes.
Before blockchain can fully achieve its potential, it needs mass adoption. Niche programming languages, lack of technological education and uninviting user interfaces have so far kept it away from many of those with the potential to use it.
Our core values of blockchain accessibility, education and user-centricity guide not only our technology, but also our marketing and community channels. With the founding of Lisk Academy, we aim to educate and inspire as many as possible about their ability to realise their disrupting blockchain vision.
Sounds amazing? We think so too! Therefore we are looking for talented Frontend Developer with a wide variety of skills to help develop and maintain our blockchain applications platform. As a frontend developer, you will be responsible for developing our client user interface from scratch using modern practices, maintaining our website, and optimizing a fast, simple and enjoyable experience across the Lisk platform.
- Able to work from our office in Berlin
- Team player with good communication skills
- Result-oriented – you like to set your own goals and you do your best to achieve them
- Out of the box thinker and enthusiastic problem solver
- Detail-oriented – you have a high personal standard that you set for yourself and expect others to have the same
- Enjoy the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing company
- Ability to multitask
Essential skill requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of React and Redux
- Knowledge of Webpack, NPM, and Electron
- Unit testing experience with Karma, Mocha, Sinon, Chai and Enzyme
- Experience working with developers to understand how design translates into working code and it’s capabilities
- Experience leading the design process and developing responsive sites.
- Self-motivated individual with the drive to create design concepts with minimal oversight and evolving them over the course of the project
- Must have an innate interest in code design
- Bonus: Basic to advanced understanding of cryptography, unix based systems, promised based logic and blockchain software
Experience and Desired Skills:
- 3-5+ years in front end web development or related field preferred (Programming, Web Development)
- Strong communication skills with ability to understand and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility and for delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Have an adamant eye for design quality, detail-oriented, pixel-perfection
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
More about us:
Lisk is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland and raised over 14,000 Bitcoins during its ICO in March 2016. One of the key contractors of the Lisk Foundation is Lightcurve. Based in Berlin, Lightcurve is a blockchain development studio and consultancy whose special focus is on coding, marketing and support of blockchain projects. Currently, the Lightcurve team is exclusively on the retainer of the Lisk Foundation, developing its network, technology, as well as leading marketing, design and community management.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to work with great minds on a ground-breaking new technology
- Great atmosphere supported by regular team events
- Inclusive environment and a very international and inspirational team
- A well funded employer with a new and beautiful office in the central location at WeWork Atrium Tower
- Competitive salary
- Healthy snacks und unlimited tea and coffee
- Top of the line equipment to get you started off right
- Relocation service to help anyone moving to Berlin