Aragon is an open source, decentralized project fighting for the freedom to organize. We believe that decentralized organizations can solve the world's worst problems.
We're looking for a Frontend Developer to work with us on the Aragon Labs, Aragon client, and aragonOS. Our Frontend Developer must not only be a frontend and web3 expert but also a nonconformist. That means that our ideal candidate is not only a respected engineer but also a decentralization advocate.
- Develop, ship, and maintain quality frontends for the Aragon Labs and Aragon client app projects, working closely with our UI toolkit.
- Work with our Design Lead to transform ideas and designs into modern, clean, and readable code.
- Research, develop, test and implement features on web applications built with modern technologies.
- Collaborate with the product team to define new product features.
- Experience working with Web3 technologies.
- Proven ability to ship quality, well-crafted code within tight deadlines.
- Being passionate about open source and decentralization.
- Being an autonomous individual with a proactive attitude and a love for time self-management. We work focus-driven, not hours-driven.
Good to have
- Previous experience contributing or managing open source projects.
- Previous experience working remotely.
- Very good written communication skills.
- Attention to UX/UI design.
How to apply
- Write an email with the following attachments plus any information you consider important to email@example.com, with the subject
Frontend Dev opening application.
- Please send along your GitHub profile. Since we are open source only, we require applicants for developer positions to have a very active and healthy GitHub profile.
- Bonus: Why did Aragon catch your attention? Which challenge within the crypto space are you more interested in?
- Please send the following challenge completed:
Build a small app to explore the latest blocks on Ethereum. The goal of the app is to provide a way to glance at the recent Ether transfers happening on the blockchain.
- Display the ten latest blocks.
- Allow the user to see the transactions from a block. Only the transactions sending Ether should be displayed.
- Allow the user to see some details about a transaction.
- You can use any library you feel comfortable with.
- The app will be loaded into a browser with MetaMask.
- Feel free to interpret the requirements in any way that you think could be interesting.
- The app doesn’t need to follow the Aragon visual identity.
- Don’t hesitate to ask any question to the team 🙂
THE SUBMISSION WILL BE EVALUATED ON THE FOLLOWING POINTS:
- Code quality / readability / testability
- UX / visual solutions
- Perceived performance