Do you think that the web's original sin is its lack of business model? Do you think that individuals, democracies and the web, deserve better than click-bait, information overload and fake news?
Are you excited about empowering creators by building the tools and interfaces which will let them monetize their creations without gatekeepers?
Do you want to learn and share your experiences with a team of skillful and curious colleagues?
You should consider joining the Unlock team on our journey.
About The Role
At Unlock, you'll work with a team of experienced engineers, open web advocates and entrepreneurs who founded successful companies with significant exits. Unlock will soon become the default business model for the web - and you should expect your code and designs to be used by hundreds of millions of users, all over the world.
We value positive energy, curiosity and constant learning, so you should expect this job description to be slightly outdated after a couple months. At first, we believe you'll help us with:
- Design a service-oriented architecture to cover Unlock's backend needs (storage, background jobs, APIs...)
- Implement services to normalize and store data pulled from our smart contracts
- Build both client-side and server-side APIs which will be used to communicate data between our servers on our front end applications
Candidates for this position should have a solid background in back-end technologies, as well as the ability to consider front-end challenges. You should be able to make solid technical choices while taking into account differing requirements from a wide range of stakeholders in a software architecture.
Previous experience in open source development and a strong interest in crypto / decentralization is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering on both front-end and back-end technologies
- Experience working on a large production codebases, including deployments
- You ship high quality, well tested and documented code to meet the needs of users, customers, and colleagues
- Great communication skills to ensure efficient collaboration with other team members and our community
- Be a steward and influencer of our early engineering culture
- In NYC or willing to relocate
Great to have
- Managed small to mid size teams (including hiring and mentoring)
- Experience working on open source projects
- Passion for cryptography and cyber security