Position: Manager - Public Relations and Communications
Type: Full Time / Salary
Travel: Up to 20%
The Nano Foundation is seeking a Manager of Public Relations and Communications to join our talented and growing team. This role will operate at the center of our mission to make money more efficient for a more equal world using Nano, a light and open digital currency. While being responsible for all external communications to the public, this position will craft, communicate and execute our core goals in addition to managing our communications team.
As a subject matter expert, the candidate will provide consulting to the team on media and public relations issues, as well as managing time-sensitive or critical public relations situations as necessary. Our organization has ambitious goals to provide easily accessible financial tools to every individual on the planet and any candidates applying should share our passion for making this happen.
- Crafting global PR strategies that advance the organization’s positive image.
- Creating innovative and thought-provoking media stories, and securing placements in publications, both online and print.
- Measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of PR and communication activities.
- Training and developing members of your dynamic team to help execute the Nano Foundation’s core goals.
- Supervising preparations for media engagements and public appearances by Nano team members.
- At least 5 years of experience managing highly visible, global PR campaigns in Fintech or related industries
- Experience working with NGOs or other social enterprises preferred
- Excellent writing, editing, and interpersonal communications skills
- Expertise in the latest (and upcoming) social media platforms, and understanding of related challenges
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously
- Self-starter with flexibility to work and manage a globally distributed team
- Confidence speaking publicly on both planned an impromptu occasions
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications preferred
- Multilingual is a plus
*Nano is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status*