|Location||London, Kiev, Bucharest, Romania|
|Date Posted||November 24, 2018|
|Salary range||$100k – $150k , No equity|
Status is building powerful decentralized apps on Ethereum that change the way we do things on the web. Our team is made up of self-motivated individuals who prosper in a fast-paced environment and value the ability to work from anywhere. As a product, Status is an open source discovery tool for the Ethereum blockchain that makes it easy for anyone to access apps and services built on the decentralized web. Status also allows users to browse, chat, make payments and more. As a platform, Status seeks to radically simplify the experience of building on the web3 stack in order to empower as many developers as possible to create fantastic, user-friendly decentralized applications.
Who are we?
We have aspirations to be a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) in the near future. We're a remote team of made up of 100 core-contributors and growing community of members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
We are building a communications tool with extreme security, coercion resistance and privacy in mind. You will help us research and develop new and existing technologies in secure messaging and mesh networking and bring them to mobile and IoT platforms.
* Research and develop open protocols for secure messaging, cryptocurrencies and distributed applications.
* Analyze and optimize protocols within the Ethereum Web3 stack for performance, battery and network consumption.
* Combine crypto-economics and traditional technologies to create a sustainable distributed and fault-tolerant system.
* Explore emerging technologies such as mesh networking and open-source hardware.
* Collaborate with User Experience experts
* Experience working with internet protocols and peer-to-peer networking.
* Experience with applied cryptography.
* Hands-on experience with network security and reverse engineering.
* Passionate about blockchain technology, privacy and decentralisation.
* Fluency in written and spoken English.