|Location||San Francisco, United States|
|Date Posted||November 27, 2018|
Coinbase is on a mission to build an open financial system for the world. To accomplish this, we need incredible writers — people who can explain our vision, promote the services we offer, and tell the world how cryptocurrency can create more economic equality for everyone.
As Coinbase’s first marketing writer, you’ll lead the writing efforts for our website, social marketing, digital advertising, landing pages, brand videos, and email campaigns. Moreover, you’ll play a key role in defining Coinbase’s verbal identity.
To fill this position, we’re looking for someone who can self-prioritize and move quickly between projects. We’re also looking for a strong portfolio showcasing great copywriting designed to reach, engage, and convert new customers.
Coinbase is a cryptocurrency company but you don’t need to know anything about cryptocurrencies when you start. We’ll teach you. All you need is a strong desire to learn.
- Lead all copywriting efforts for our Consumer Marketing team
- Work on everything from big, conceptual marketing projects to simple, one-off copy executions
- Tell the Coinbase story to new customers consistently across digital ads, landing pages, emails, and brand videos
- Help us define the Coinbase brand voice and share it with the rest of the company
- Present your work at design critiques and product reviews
- 5+ years of brand writing experience at a tech company, financial firm, or product-focused design agency
- An unabashed love for designing content focused on growth and conversion, including email campaigns, A/B testing, and digital advertising
- The ability to write short, engaging content through film, email, and on the web that tells stories and drives sign-ups
- A strong portfolio showcasing excellent writing and presentation skills
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.