CoinFund is one of the first US-based cryptoasset-focused investment firms (a cryptofund) founded in 2015 and based in Brooklyn, New York. We have 8 years of experience in the blockchain space, dating back to the early days of Bitcoin and Ethereum. Today, we are backed by the founders of Venrock, one of the oldest venture capital firms in the United States. Our mission is to help advance the blockchain ecosystem by strategically investing in blockchain technology, using a variety of approaches which range from early-stage venture, to trading cryptoassets on secondary markets, to direct technological participation in decentralized networks.
As a value-added investor we seek to define the space by supporting project teams in the early stages, providing crucial services to decentralized networks with network validation operations, and assisting entrepreneurs with technology architecture specification and cryptoeconomic design. As an active market participant, we aim to engage with decentralized networks on a deep technical level which includes blockchain integration, decentralized network data acquisition, high frequency trading, cryptoeconomic arbitrage, and engaging cryptoeconomic mechanisms and smart contracts.
In February of 2019, CoinFund launched Grassfed Network, a company which works in tandem with our fund structure to engage the cryptoeconomic games of decentralized networks in order to earn a return. If financial technology, cryptocurrency, and quantitative analysis are your passion, help us build out our world-class technology team. We envision the future of finance and technology as large scale, decentralized peer-to-peer networks that serve up public services like storage, computation, social media, financial services, and more – networks traditionally delivered by monopolistic centralized corporations.
Both undergraduate and graduate level backgrounds should be encouraged to apply.
- Help to design, implement, and operate a full software stack using Go, Python, Node.js, React, and a variety of technologies.
- Perform data acquisition and engineering on blockchains, decentralized networks, and decentralized protocols.
- Study, model, and quantitatively analyze decentralized mechanisms.
- Help with internal IT, data, and accounting processes.
- A strong background in backend engineering is required, frontend and devops experience desired. Pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related discipline.
- Facility with at least one statically typed language and one dynamically typed language; Go and Python preferred.
- Self-motivated and fast learner.
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to work within a team.
- Interest in and knowledge of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies are preferable.
- To learn the data structures of various decentralized networks.
- To evaluate data-driven investment opportunities in the decentralized stack.
- To write production software that interacts with the data and functionality of decentralized networks.
- To understand the optics of crypto-specific value accrual, financial structure, and more.
- To integrate into the local NYC crypto community & beyond.