CoinFund is one of the first US-based cryptoasset-focused investment firms (a cryptofund) founded in 2015 and based in Brooklyn, New York. We have 8 years of experience in the blockchain space, dating back to the early days of Bitcoin and Ethereum. Today, we are backed by the founders of Venrock, one of the oldest venture capital firms in the United States. Our mission is to help advance the blockchain ecosystem by strategically investing in blockchain technology, using a variety of approaches which range from early-stage venture, to trading cryptoassets on secondary markets, to direct technological participation in decentralized networks.
As a value-added investor we seek to define the space by supporting project teams in the early stages, providing crucial services to decentralized networks with network validation operations, and assisting entrepreneurs with technology architecture specification and cryptoeconomic design. As an active market participant, we aim to engage with decentralized networks on a deep technical level which includes blockchain integration, decentralized network data acquisition, high frequency trading, cryptoeconomic arbitrage, and engaging cryptoeconomic mechanisms and smart contracts.
In February of 2019, CoinFund launched Grassfed Network, a company which works in tandem with our fund structure to engage the cryptoeconomic games of decentralized networks in order to earn a return. If financial technology, cryptocurrency, and quantitative analysis are your passion, help us build out our world-class technology team. We envision the future of finance and technology as large scale, decentralized peer-to-peer networks that serve up public services like storage, computation, social media, financial services, and more -* networks traditionally delivered by monopolistic centralized corporations.
CoinFund is looking for an exceptionally talented undergraduate to join our team as a Summer Research Analyst. You will contribute to all phases of the investment process through diligence, launch and management, including blockchain technology and market research, crypto data analysis and portfolio optimization.
Summer Analysts gain hands on experience working as a part of the investment team and work closely with partners both on current and potential new investments across all cryptoasset classes in the blockchain space. Responsibilities will include research into nascent crypto projects, financial analysis, cryptoeconomic analysis, cryptomarket research, portfolio management, analytics and a full spectrum of other tasks as needed. Working with us exposes you to a cutting edge social technology and a community of enthusiasts associated with this space.
Both undergraduate and graduate level backgrounds should be encouraged to apply. This position is full-time and based in our Brooklyn, NY office.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative due diligence of crypto projects, which include preparing and presenting recommendations to our investment committee
- Market mapping: conduct extensive quantitative cryptoeconomic, industry and company research and crypotoeconomic analysis
- Interview management teams and industry experts, present findings and conclusions in written form, complete with background materials, debate and discuss conclusions with the investment team
- Cryptoasset Management: Monitoring of existing blockchain investments across the platform through review of performance
- Develop tools to improve investment analysis, trading strategies, portfolio construction, and operations
- Review and develop financial models
- Basic understanding of monetary economics and finance. Pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Math, Engineering etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills including statistical analysis and independent research
- Interest in and knowledge of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
- Programming skills; Python preferred but not required
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent problem solving, organization, and communication skills, combined with the ability to process information quickly
- Learn the data structures of various decentralized networks
- Evaluate data-driven investment opportunities in the decentralized stack
- Understand the optics of crypto-specific value accrual, financial structure, and more
- Integrate into the local NYC crypto community & beyond