Augur is an open-source, decentralized prediction market platform where users can trade on the outcome of future events. The outcome of those events is determined by Augur’s decentralized oracle, where the community uses the crypto token Reputation (REP) to report and dispute event outcomes.
By combining the magic of prediction markets with the power of a decentralized network, we’re able to create a stunningly accurate forecasting tool that can be used by anyone in the world. Read more about Augur’s mission here.
Augur is built from the ground up to be owned and operated by the people that use it. This is a technical reality enabled by the Ethereum blockchain and open source software. The Forecast Foundation, a small team of 15 who are the primary developers, designers, and maintainers of the Augur protocol, is a globally distributed not-for-profit entity.
If you’re passionate about building bleeding edge decentralized technologies with one of the longest running projects in the space, explore our Githuband send us a note at the address below.
- Work with designers and engineers to understand the expected functionality of APIs and UIs
- Create tools, scripts, and automated processes to test, break, and prevent regression across a variety of codebases
- Write and maintain automated test suites
- Do deep dives to identify the cause of bugs or vulnerabilities and propose potential solutions
- Respond to community inquiries about broken or strange API or application behavior
- Keep up to date with the latest testing tools and techniques in order to apply them as needed
- Fluency in Python, Typescript, Node.JS, and SQL
- Ability to self-schedule and complete work without lots of oversight
- Can communicate effectively and work with a fully remote team
- Takes delight in destroying the hopes and dreams of software engineers by exposing problems in their code
- Familiarity w/ Ethereum and Web3 technologies
- Exposure to Python, Linux, Git, Docker, AWS, and/or Travis CI
What We Offer:
- Competitive USD + token-based compensation
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Flat hierarchy and open communication
- Employee health and dental plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Expenses like conferences, coworking space, books, etc.
- Work and non-work focused trips to various parts of the world
- Flexible working hours. As long as you have a good amount of overlap with the team members you need to communicate with, you can manage your working hours as you like.