Customer Experience is extremely important at Talla and we have ambitious UI goals. As a Front End Engineer at Talla you will be working on hard UI problems for conversational interfaces (chat), rich text editing, annotation, training for AI/machine learning, and data visualization. Within these areas, we are taking on challenges that are totally new and unsolved in some cases.
You will be working with the latest technologies within the frontend ecosystem. Our stack is centered around React, with a single page application architecture and Ruby based backend services. Our products use AI and machine learning to solve problems and provide advanced insights and predictions. You will be interfacing with these parts of the system, but don’t be concerned if you’re not familiar. The Front End Engineer role at Talla is a unique opportunity to do advanced user interface development and get exposure to the AI/ML domain.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and architect the UX tech stack at Talla.
- In conjunction with our UX Lead, give input on the UI designs for the product.
- Work with a cross-functional team to ensure the user stories are implemented, match the UX design and accomplish the task specified.
- Implement UX solutions for messaging, rich text editing, annotation, training for AI/machine learning, and data visualization.
- Coordinate with back-end engineers and data scientists to streamline, automate, and optimize complex logistical workflows across multiple form factors.
- Focus on usability, simplicity, quality, and performance in both design and development.
What You Need:
- A curiosity and commitment to creating great products for customers.
- Experience building SPAs (single page apps), interfacing with back-end services, and relevant architectures and design patterns.
- Positive, team-first attitude.
- Good communication skills
- Attention to details
Nice to Have:
- Experience with React.js and the associated libraries.
- Complimentary skills in supporting areas, like UX design or backend development.
- Browser extension development.